Friday, May 28, 2010

Filipino Mentality

Filipinos who never tried finding their destiny outside the country think that when you live abroad, you are living life in beds and roses. No matter how or what the educational attainment a person has, if he or she has pea-sized brain then she is shallow.

I had a chat with my neighbor back home, this girl already has a bachelor's degree in something I don't know. We knew each other since we were elementary, highschool and college. Amazingly we went to the same schools from elementary 'till college. I just recently found her on facebook and believe me, it felt good when you found someone in your hometown and knowing that you know the person too well.

Anyway, the other day we chatted again for the second time and she asked me when I am gonna come home and told her that I should save up some money first for the tickets and allowance while I'm there. Can you believe what she said? "KADATO U". I was like HUH? I was in disbelief she said that, she sounded immature and childish.

Yes, I am living in America but that doesn't mean I AM RICH for I am not and I never felt that way although I am more accustomed to comfort and convenience that America has to offer and have all my LUHO being given to me by my husband. Yet I still consider myself as average, I don't have that much money to be considered RICH. I blog to earn money for my financial aid to my family back home, my husband busted his ass working trying to make ends meet. Because in America, if you don't work, you can't eat, you can't pay the bills/mortgage and worse you will find yourself homeless.

My reply to her statement was simply, how can you say that? How do you know that? I didn't know I am rich! I was pissed.

Luckily, she didn't reply to my last chat otherwise MALAT-AN SA INSULTO BAYHANA!

No comments: