Sunday, February 7, 2010

No ID, No Beer

It was a busy day at Walmart yesterday, well as usual during weekends this store I think has the busiest days on Saturday and Sunday. There are people everywhere, fat and big people pushing their carts everywhere in between the aisles and in the frozen section leaving no space for others to get through the merhandise. I know how my husband hate going to Walmart but he's got no choice, it is a lot cheaper there plus we needed to fill my birth control pills.

We were checking out and the line was so long with all the people stocking up for the whole week food consumption so as expected their carts are full. So to save our time, my husband volunteered to go ahead and pick up my pills at the pharmacy while I was at the counter waiting to be checked out.

One of the many stuff in our cart is his 2 dozens of beers in a can. Here in America you are not allowed to purchase alcoholic drinks if you are below 20 I guess? Correct me if I'm wrong. Then minutes later the cashier (an older White woman) asking me of my ID which I don't have. She asked me what year were I born and my age. Confidently I answered her, I was born in 1983 and I am 26 years old. I had my driving permit yes but it was in my husband's wallet.

She seemed to be reluctant with that, she even told her coworker, does she look 26? She looks young! I just chuckled. How could she cannot tell how I look? I am older now plus I had my baby with me but that seemed doesn't justify my age. Oh well, that's life.

So the goal of saving our time from being trapped in the long line wasn't achieved because I wasn't able to purchase the beer. I've waited for my husband to return to the counter and he himself fallen in line again just to get his sacred beer eh.

8 comments:

Sweetiepie said...

That's one thing you should learn from now on, is to bring your ID whenever you go especially now that you are learning to drive. kay ug ma full over mo ug cops na nag drive ka wla kay ID or imong license permit, kaubo jud mo! Identification dri sa America is a MUST bisan asa ka moadto!

Unknown said...

hehe baby face man gud ka anne. :)

ako bana ra man tigpalit ug beer sa liquor store, i wouldnt even go with him sa car lang ko magwait. i didnt know that walmart does that diay to ask ID if u purchase alcohol.

JK said...

Actually the age is 21 years old... Here in the USA you must be 21 years old to have alcohol and you muct present a valid ID if the saler is not sure of your age... Some place like where I live you cant even buy beer at walmart you must buy it at a regular beer store...

""rarejonRez"" said...

alaan jud ka below 20 anne kay sila diri, mga teens pa lang, matured naman kaayo ug looks. kita pud, bisan mga tiguls na, mura kunohay ug batan-on. aheeem igo pud ta! nyahahaha!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

It happened to me at Wal-Mart and restaurants. Always bring your ID whenever you will buy alcoholic beverages.

Amdhas said...

amus taka,,warm regard from indonesia,,
nice posting buddy,cheers

Poray said...

mao ni dakong problema natong mga baby face dai lol...the other day kahuman nko tunol sa ako id sa cashier giingnan ko mura dw ko 12 yo :)

tx sweetie said...

aw dili nato sala mga Pinay mga bebefeyz man gud ta lolz..