Monday, February 22, 2010

Dallas Fort Worth National Cemetery

As I mentioned in my old post that we had quite a nice time on Valentine's Day as we started our day. We visited the national cemetery in Dallas where we supposed to attend a funeral but it was rescheduled and we didn't know that. What we do instead is roam around and explore the big cemetery in a snowy cold day on Valentine's Day. Huh, what a date.

As I promised to my dear readers, here are the pictures that we took along with the breathtaking view in the lake. I have never been to a cemetery this HUGE, this beautiful and this neat. The Dallas Fort Worth National Cemetery is where the Korean, Vietnam and World War2 laid to rest. Thousands of them have been buried in the place already and there are more ample spaces for the ones who are left alive.

.... the view of the lake surrounded by snow and the hill that is also part of the cemetery...
........ the area is sooooo huge!! there are too many of them that you can't see all of the tombs if you don't drive around loop
.... columbarium dated from 2002-2008... there are also empty spaces somewhere prepared for more veterans

this is just so neatly arranged... I can't believe I have visited the place personally for I have only seen this beautiful cemetery only in movies before...

No comments: