Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Crush that I Was so Infatuated with

Can you believe it? When years have passed you haven't seen nor have any idea that the person you used to be so infatuated with during your elementary years have changed so much? I mean, drastically changed physically? I had this crush when I was in grade four until grade six that for me he was the handsomest "boy" alive. He had this fair or white skin and you know white skin in the Philippines, people view you as "attractive". He had this cute red kissable lips, a pair of tantalizing eyes, he was neat and carried his clothes really well, he was known for being quiet and well behaved boy in school. He had very flawless facial skin, a smile that melted me every time he flashed it and I saw it. Those are just a few of his characteristics why I had a crush on him. I can go on forever enumerating those but I am not gonna bore you with that.


Twenty years later, I found him on Facebook,  I added him  to my list. I would hit "like" on his pictures and he would do to mine occasionally. Looking at his pictures now, it is almost unbelievable that the once I so infatuated with is no longer handsome. He now has deep spots on his face which is obvious from having acne during his teenage years, he got dark and I don't see the neatness of his clothing on the pictures anymore. What happened to him?


Amazing how people can transform physically into good or bad. The kids in school that I thought were pretty and good-looking are no longer attractive in my opinion. Or maybe because I have changed preference when it comes to looking at faces? Since high school, I no longer look at Filipino guys on their face. I became picky and found that Americans were way far more attractive in my eyes than them!

No comments: