Wednesday, June 1, 2011

They Finally Asked

After not having any phone calls made to my family for almost five months, they finally asked why I am not calling them. They've waited that long before they asked me. They chatted me at first by using a neighbor's computer asking the question. Well, of course it was mama who talked and asked me that question and I couldn't be upfront with her that I don't feel like calling them. She thought that I would go one year without ringing them which I can probably do.

The reason why is that I know what they are gonna tell me, problems, worries and troubles and I don't want to be bothered with their nonsense. I am living a peaceful life here with my new family and a peace of mind is what I needed these days. I have my own business to mind, my baby, my husband and my pregnancy is all I care.

Almost five months I broke the silence I built between me and my family in the Philippines. I called them last night and gave my mother the xoom control number money transfer I did yesterday. She sounded happy, she's okay, the rest of the people in that house sound okay so I feel good after hanging the phone. Admittedly, it felt good after talking to them. WINK... gonna ring them again after June 6 for I heard my father will be coming home from Davao... I so want to talk to him for the longest time...

No comments: