Thursday, August 5, 2010

Precious Stone

They say diamonds are women's best friend. Who would not want to possess a diamond? Anyone who would refused a diamond is insane I shall say. Diamond is so precious that not everyone can afford to buy it unless of course it is given by someone special. I am somehow fortunate to own few of them, I got one carat diamond engagement ring, my wedding ring has 52 small diamond stones in it and my everyday wear ring with two small diamonds I bought 3 years ago. I love my diamond rings so much, they are precious and valuable to me for they hold a promise of togetherness forever.

Diamond is renowned as a material with superlative physical qualities, most of which originate from the strong covalent bonding between its atoms. In particular, diamond has the highest hardness and thermal conductivity of any bulk material. Those properties determine the major industrial application of diamond in cutting and polishing tools.

No comments: