Thursday, August 5, 2010

Historical Houses

I feel very very fortunate to be able to visit my FIL's hometown. Oh boy! I liked it there damn it! As if I don't wanna return to hot Texas. Not only the place is welcoming but the weather itself is one of the big reasons why I wanna live there...forever... plus the beach and beautiful sceneries!

I couldn't contain myself of looking at the place, wandering around to see the nice houses and clean surroundings. Before we left Benicia, my husband took us to a neighborhood so we could have a glimpse of significant houses where his father and aunt used to live when they were little.

First off, we stopped by at the big house, owned by Lewis Decatur Sanborn- a doctor in the family.. it's the one in the bottom of this entry, the yellow one with me standing in front of it. Of course the house is modified by several owners after they sold it to other people and perhaps upgraded the bathroom vanities and other fixtures with a new one, more modern.

Second stop was at a house where Morgan Sanborn- my father in-law and his sister Virginia lived...and that is the white house below. Yeah it is very old yet it still looked nicer as houses in the US are built to last for years.

I can't describe how happy I am to be there. It felt like I have reconnected my FIL's past life by visiting the houses he once loved and familiar with.





No comments: