Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another Package On The Way

I received 2 packages this month alone from the same person I know in Colorado. The first one was for my baby, it was all girly stuff that includes a nice yellow dress, a pack of Disney panties, 6 pieces ponytail holder and etc. Then the second package she sent me is my pinikas buwad or dried fish that she brought from the Philippines. Not only she sent me buwad but also 6 pieces small tubes of plastic balloons for my girl to play with. So kind of her to do that! Truly, I am grateful to have known people like her. Not because she sent me goodies but because the friendship she invested throughout these years. I haven't met her in person yet and would look forward to the day we hug and do endless chitchat with each other.

Meanwhile, typing this entry straight from my heart, I also check on FB once in a while to see the latest updates of people there...then there's one private message sent by someone who I met only once in my life at the airport when I made that first trip to the Philippines in 2007. Her name is Marivic Carrington and mind you, we only met once but our friendship didn't end as we parted at the airport. We exchanged e-mails, connected on FS and now on FB and the communication continues.

MOments ago, Ateh Marivic sent me a message telling me that she sent my little girl, the fetus something and that I should just holler her when I receive the package. How sweet and thoughtful of these people to do such act of kindness? I am blessed and I am happy knowing that despite of the chaotic world I am in, I still have few remaining friends who stayed true and real to me.

No comments: