Friday, June 15, 2012

They Need Me....

You know there are only two things that your relatives or somebody in the Philippines related to you want from you aside from your immediate family messages you through Facebook. It is either bad or good. But let me ask you this, what comes to your mind when a relative whom you hadn't kept in contact with for a long time or never at all suddenly started a conversation with you?


They want something from you.... they need you! Those were the thoughts that came to me when later in our short FB conversation suddenly this relative of mine popped the very question that seriously caught me off guard. Maayo gani kay ning respetar pa pangumusta sa ako family sa Pinas ug kanaku dri before asking for a freaking amount of money to help him for going out of the country to work.


When I first read his last message, I didn't know how to react... I opted not to response to it right away for I don't wanna say the words I regret later on. I waited for the whole night to be over and went back to his message the following morning,  sending the right words to him that I cannot lend him money for we too, needing lots of it for our upcoming legal battle against crooked people.


I didn't hear anything from him since then. I guess he got my reply and he fully understand that he cannot rely on me when it comes to financial help. I would rather be upfront to him and right there and then refused to send any money rather than leading him on.


 

No comments: