Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Simple Solution To Facebook Problem

People seem to forget that we are in a free country and that we have all the rights to speak what’s on our mind. Facebook is such a common place for people to voice out their rants, political views, post photos, update their status etc. While it can be tiring at times to see or know what other people are up to, they can just end that so easily by defriending that person or might as well block right away.


That’s what I would do if someone in my list keep posting her political views and I am against it. I would unsubscribe her wall feeds or worse BLOCK HER instead of shushing the person simply because she keeps posting links about politics or for standing up of her beliefs and political views. By doing that, she is giving herself a favor and not harming anybody.


ANYWAY, IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH ENERGY TO HIT THE BLOCK BUTTON, does it?


1 comment:

breehat said...

My thoughts on this vary. If somebody does not like my political rants and views/opinions, the person has only three options. She may unsubscribe to my feed, unfriend me or just plain ignore me. After all, everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. Differing opinions and views of my friends don't bother me. We can agree to disagree. I have friends whose opinions and lifestyles I really never agree on, but I accept them who they are because their friendship and character are more valuable to me than what they think of the world. As long as this person treats me humanely, respect me and accept me, I will also do the same.
There is one person I deleted and blocked in my FB for calling me "delusional" about my status update regarding a political rant. All she could do was just to do either of those 3 things I cited . But her "true color" showed and immaturity surfaced. Another one who wrote a comment on my rant, that he is going to unfriend me. He did not have to write that in the comment. All he had to do was just do it. And writing that was a big mistake for him, because people saw how insensible and immature he was.
We all have the privileges to post our rants in our walls, and the thing we should expect from those who don't agree with us is respect.