Friday, February 17, 2012

My Parents

I scanned some old photos of our wedding 7 years back and I saw there is one shot of my parents. Who would have thought that my father would die 7 years after he handed his daughter to a foreign man. Yet I still consider myself lucky because my father was still around and was able to walk with me in the aisle during my wedding.

My marriage to my husband was the beginning of my close relationship to my father blossomed. If it wasn't because of it, I don't know if me and him will share that bond a father and daughter should share. I don't think I was close to either of my parents when I was growing up because they were both busy with bringing home some money so the family had something to eat while the mother have always been busy with other kids and her chores.

No comments: